VIEW

MattG

I am new to rendering and I am attempting to use it in theatrical purposes. I am attempting to render a front view and when I do I am not getting what I want. I want a view not from the distant back, but a way to control where the view is from preferably in the audience and as a whole the light just doesn't look right, any obvious suggestions?

Matt, in order to see some different views of your drawing go under Views, then Standard views and select a view from the menu. If you have multiple layers to make them all go to the same view go under the view menu and select the option allign layer views. If your still not happy with one of those views their is a fly over tool that will let you position the view from any where you want. It is located under the 3D modeling menu, its the very top tool. To help with the views for rendering from a seat in the croud you need to use the camera tool, it is located under the visulization menu labeled renderworks camera. To get all the info on how to use the camera tool and lighting options check out the bottem three video on this website it should help explain it better.

http://www.nemetschek.net/training/library.php?movie=12movies