Changing the defaults of Standard tools

I want to change the default of standard plug-in tools so they match our office CAD standards (tools like drawing label, elevation benchmark).

I've got as far as fining the plug-in in the vectorscript editor (is this right?) but it says the scripts are all locked. i cannot even seem to copy them and edit a different version.

any advice?

You need to (and can only) change the defaults for parameters.

In addition to general parameters, all tools have also defaults for each documents.

These two layers of defaults can be used in an partly alternative, partly complementary fashion. Values available in pop-up lists and similar can only be changed with the VW Plug-In Editor, but their default choices & default values of all numeric & text variables can be changed for each document (including templates).

While it would sometimes be nice to peek into & poke around the scripts, I'm not sure if you really want to do that. Making sense of even a few hundred lines of someone else's program code is even more difficult than making sense of one's own program code.

PIO = Plug-In Objects (or tools, as you called them above)

Not to be confused with OIP ? Object Info Pallet

Keep tuned in here (the VW boards) for more, exciting acronyms. My favorite being RTFM - Read The Freaking Manual. I'm personally opposed to reading directions beforehand, but Petri really likes this one.

Good luck and welcome aboard,

I wish I knew... It is SUPPOSED to be easy with aliases of the server folder(s) in place of the local folders. (With exactly the same names of the folders they replace.)

The people who report problems seem to me to be mainly Windows-users, but I can't vouch for that - nor for any problemlessness on the Mac.

However, making decent sets of templates, standards, modified PIOs etc and copying them to local folders is not really overwhelming. Templates will change a lot in the first months of systematic implementation (which you seem to be doing), as will some standard resource files (symbol libraries and such), but it may even be a good idea to spare the poor peasants slaving on their computers from constant change.