Sheet view

Tobias

I have a sheets set to show the plan view of design layers, i.e. first floor, foundation, etc. In the design view top/plan the wall cavity details show up fine, that is, siding, insulation, etc. In the sheet view the cavities don't show up. I checked the class settings, and have looked for some other pref. setting, but with no luck. What am I missing?

I'm also having a sheet problem - I've created a bunch of viewports to display on the sheet yet now some are "missing"? How do I restore them?

Unfortunately the answer above makes no sense to me. Does "sheet view" mean going to the Navigation - sheet layers thing? I can select viewports but I can't select the ones that aren't displayed. What is OIP?

-- Rich --

Objects usually go missing in VW's because the CLASS has been turned off. When you go to a sheet layer (paper space)from a design layer (model space) the class settings from the design layer remain current (the exception are saved views). For instance, all your drawing sheets are given the NOTES SHEET class, if this class is turned off on your design layer then your sheet will "disappear" when you jump to your sheet layer. Open the ORGANIZATION window, pick the CLASS TAB and press the ALT keyboard button while clicking under the visible column. This will turn all of your classes on and more than not you'll find your lost objects.

Rich, OIP is VW's Object Information Palette. It's your dialogue window with objects you use in your drawing. Make sure it's opened and pick anything you've drawn. All the information on that object is in the OIP and can be changed thru the OIP. You can widen a window, lengthen or shorten a line, change the objects layer or class etc. It's one of the many reasons we are endeared to VWs.

OIP - I should have been able to guess that one, I use it all the time!

Yes turning on the classes worked. Strange what some of my viewports were in different classes, probably because parts of them were grouped which put things in yet a different class. I really gotta spend some more serious time at setting things up "right".

Thanks guys!

-- Rich --