bizarre texture behaviour over arched door

jeffroyer

I am using a concrete block texture in a wall that contains an arched door. The block coursing over the door disappears and is replaced with a series of arched "lines" that have the door's radius. (imagine the ripple effect of dropping a pebble in water) Needless to say, this is not quite the effect I was trying to achieve. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

I have discovered that the problem only occurs in a section viewport and it happens regardless of the type of opening I place in the wall. The texture gets re-oriented and skewed in various directions. Does not happen in an elevation viewport and it happens to any texture I apply. Do I have something set incorrectly? I opened a blank drawing to test this and got the same results.

Hello????

Peter already gave you the workaround up-thread.

If you remove the trim from both sides of the door does the problem go away? I think it's a bug. If removing the trim works then perhaps you can add the trim back using somple 3d geometry (extrudes) to get where you need to be.

Its not the trim that is the issue. It is being completely unable to render section viewports with textured walls that have an opening in them. The texture goes crazy. A similar thread is also running in the "architect" index and the solution is using standard viewports instead of section viewports. Not exactly a convenient option but the best one until they resolve the issue with another update.

thanks Peter. I appreciate the time you pro's spend here at the forum. As far as I can tell, doing any sort of rendered interior elevations is not an option unless there is a way to set up a standard viewport and define a clipping plane that removes the portion of the model that should be "behind" the viewer. I did not see any description like that in the help menu.

Alternately you could do what we used to do (before viewports): use the "cut 2d section" or the "cut 3d section" commands (which are in the package but need to be added to your workspace via the workspace editor). Of course these won't be fully rendered, just hidden line. But heck, they worked for a long time. For the 3d full rendered presentation just make the roof invisible and have the client look over your shoulder, down into the virtual house (or you can pull jpegs or pdfs out of these views).

Unfortunately, this known problem also exists in "Cut3dSection".

This may be the only proven work-around:

There is a way to do it. Try creating a class for each of your walls (say in a room). By using visible/invisible classes you *should* be able to isolate the wall which you wish to render, then just make a standard VP.