Lights not Focusing

addy

Hi

When focusing lights, only X and Y positions move. The Z position does not change. Once rendered lights are parallel to the grond plane. Draw beem shows lights focued on focus point. How do you get lights to angle down on fucus poin???

What version and platform? I am on V12 on a PC

I just placed a light (at 20') and focus point at 5'

Went to edit instrument and turned beam on, set it to focus point A. The beam showed up in top plan view and when I went to standard view - right - I saw the beam in profile.

If you are looking to render a light, you need to be sure you have a floor placed on the layer at 0"Z that you have the instrument and focus point - all of these need to be on the same layer to render lights. Also you need to be sure your rendering settings are as specified in the renderworks manual.

this help??

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The VW light source and the beam should be drawn to the same location. There was a bug in 12.0 when the document was in metric units that may cause the VW light and the draw beam to be drawn in different locations. This should be fixed by 12.0.1.