Vectorworks Price

this is all getting a bit personal.

People should bear in mind that we often have limited ability to move CAD packages, the people who make the desicions in a company may be long gone and the effort of transfer is to much (plus if you are on a mac the choice is pretty limited) ..

if OzCAD add value then fair enough they should take an extra cut, but i fail to see why we are not be able to buy the US version for the US price.

if ozcad are sitting there with a pool of users who cannot move and are rachetting up the price, or not passing on savings then i think it's fair to say they are ripping the users off, price gouging or whatever you want to call it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if OzCAD add value then fair enough they should take an extra cut, but i fail to see why we are not be able to buy the US version for the US price.

Come on.....do you honestly believe that OzCAD would spend the time and money to customize the product for the Aussie market if users could simply opt for the US version? If you ran a software business, would you agree to that arrangement?

VG

Thank you for your kind words of support Digby.

Well it's not hard to see why the original post was "Anonymous". I seemed to have whipped up quite a fuss. I suspect vested interest has ruled the day for many of the OzCad vegimites.

I have good news. A number of US members of this forum have offered for me to upgrade through them in the USA. I am extremely grateful - THANKZ GUYZ. A 50% saving with the current exchange rate.

Have a wonderful day all.

"I seemed to have whipped up quite a fuss."

Hardly. It's your unjustified description of somebody that sparked the comments, not the content of your compliant.

I note no response from you to my question - If when presenting your costs for a project to a client they reply they can get the same done for half or two thirds the price what is your response? How do you justify the prices that you charge?

"A number of US members of this forum have offered for me to upgrade through them in the USA."

That's going to be good. So it will be registered to them at their office address now then.

As you already own a recent copy why do you need to "upgrade"?

Also to upgrade you'll need your registration number, which as you purchased in Australia will be linked to there.

If you get past those technicalities I hope you can wait for discs to go from NNA to them, then to you. Hope it doesn't get lost in the post over to you as it's going to be a bit difficult to explain why you need another one.

Do hope you can go to them for technical support because you've blown it for anywhere else. Hope you don't have too many problems. I imagine emails back and forth to solve issues will soon take the shine of their generosity.

I guess you are going to do without any of the additional items used for the Australian market when it comes to your architectural practise.

Also going to be interesting if you need to work in collaboration with other Australian architects who own the Australian version, because I would image you'll not be able to exchange files easily.

Good luck.

Edited by alanmac

Just to put it into context.

I don't use Architect but the basic version.

I checked pricing on NNA's site.

Cost is $995.00 which equates to ?496.41p at current exchange rates.

Pricing on Vectorworks UK site.

?689.00

That's a difference of ?192.59, which is coming close to half as expensive again.

What do we get different to the US version - a dongle we must plug in to make the program run.

I'm sure it's the same situation for all flavours.

I'm not complaining, making a fuss, but it does make your Ozcad is ripping us off seem unjustified in the scheme of things does it not.

That was a very sad and embittered post alanmac. Almost spiteful. I found your obvious delight in the potential difficulties Susan may have upgrading though the USA unfortunate.

I too seem to have attracted attention from OzCad's 'mike m oz' with a private message scurrilously claiming that Allplan 500 is in excess of AU$10,000.00 (really AU$6050) and Allplan 300 in excess of AU$7500.00 (really AU$4350). He also informs me that to get the same functionality as Vectorworks Architect one would need to spend in excess of AU$13,000 on Allplan. I find these claims to be blatantly untrue and extremely misleading.

This was followed by OzCad's 'mike m oz' making some unpleasant inference about the Australian distributor of Archicad.

Good luck with your upgrade Susan.

"That was a very sad and embittered post alanmac. Almost spiteful. I found your obvious delight in the potential difficulties Susan may have upgrading though the USA unfortunate."

You've got a strange way of looking at things. Merely pointing out the reality of the situation.

Sure I'll admit there was a degree of cynicism in my tone, but hey you folks started with the "ripped off" comments, if you want to talk bitter, and started to attack (and continue to do so) somebody who I've found to be most helpful to me and others in the use of VW, without any personal gain from doing so what so ever.

What's better - I told you so when it all goes pear shaped or pointing out the potential pitfalls.

Both Ozcad and Mike Moore have a proven record in helping many users on this forum and beyond with Vectorworks so I doubt if you'll have any effect with what I'm getting to feel is a hidden agenda going on with you and Ms Shaw.

Anyway, I'm out of here. Your types come and go on forums like this. Add very little in the way of positive contributions, if any at all, and after becoming wise to them other users ignore their posts, you go away and find somewhere else to play silly games.

Below is the PM I sent to digby - I will let others judge the veracity of digby's claims in respect of it:

Allplan Prices

Digby - you are way off with your implied Allplan prices - the prices on the price list from the Australian reseller are in Euros not A$.

Excluding GST the Australian dollar prices (excluding GST) at today's exchange rate (1 Euro = 1.68305 AUD) are:

- AllPlan 300 Architectural = A$7,523

- Allplan 500 Architectural = A$10,350

To get the DTM, Site Plan and Landscaping capabilities you would need to go for Allplan Architectural 700 at A$13,178

Last time I checked Archicad was around A$6000 - 6,500 excluding GST. It is difficult to know the exact price because the distributor won't list them publicly. I wonder why the reluctance?

Note: The Allplan prices are from the price list supplied to me by the Australian distributor on the 22nd August 07. In the top left hand corner it quite clearly states that all prices are in Euros and that the prices are per license. The prices are as follows:

- Allplan 300 Architecture 4,470 Euros

- Allplan 500 Architecture 6,150 Euros

- Allplan 700 Architecture 7,830 Euros

To convert these prices to Australian dollars is fairly simple maths - multiply them by the current exchange rate. At this very moment 1.00 EUR = 1.64982 AUD

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi

I am officially closing and locking this dicussion.

This message board is for technical and workflow-based questions while using VectorWorks.

If you have questions or concerns with pricing, please take those questions and concerns up with your distributor (if outside of the USA) or with your local sales rep (if in the USA).