3d plant symbols

Socram

Vectorworks comes with a decent library of 3D tree symbols, but its shrub library is severely lacking and its perennia/annual library is nonexistant. What are my options to getting a library of shrubs/perennials/annuals without spending $450 at xFrog for 3 separate libraries? When I bought VW I assumed it came with most of the plants I use most often...

Any ideas?

You can also use symbols on the internet - import them in and use them.

DXF/DWG is supported, if you have one of the other industry series, you will also be able to import 3ds files, along with all the other standard file formats.

Image props are generally creating from images and are a quick way to get 3D images in the plan. They are not intended for 2D use.

Despite (or maybe more in support of) my previous rant: do people really expect every plant THEY want to use to be included in 3D and as a glorious image prop in a software package costing only a handful of dollars?

Now, I would of course LOVE to have Betula nana, Empetrum nigrum, Arctostaphylos uva-ursi and many more of my favourite shrubs & perennials, but - being a realist - I understand that I may have to make my own or buy the stuff.

In my previous life, I would have needed Acacias, Eucalypts, Astreblas, Chionachloas, Themedas, Austrostipas and so on. A good selection of Phyllostachuses would not have been bad, either.

Coming to think of it, the thousands of Bryophyta and Pteridophyta would not have been bad, either. What is an Australian garden without at least one Tmesipteris?

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a good resource for 3D plant images. Just purchase Punch! Master Landscape Professional. It has hundreds of color plant images. You just use plant editor tool and export the image as a BMP file.

Then open a new blank drawing (foo.mcd) and user Model>Create Image Prop. Make sure to use a image mast to change the black background of the BMP to be transparent. Then all you have to do is import it into your 3Dplant fesource file. Works like a dream!

The Punch! software only costs about $70 Us and the images are as nice as the Xfrog images atp pennies on the dollar.....