Title and Key Blocks ??

Jim_Allen

Kevin,

Also you realize there is nothing in the Spotlight users guide about title and key blocks

Accoring to the Spotlight (Key to instrumentation) manual I go to the Spotlight> utilities>key to instrumentation

But WOW there is nothing like this on my screen.

1) there is no spotlight menu to select

2) the only utilities I can find is in the tools menu and there is no key to... listed in that menu

But from what I can see from the manual this not the Instrument Key I am expecting from previous versions of VW

• 2 weeks later...

In the VW 12 Spotlight workspace -

Tools/Reports/Key to Instrumentation

The new Drawing Border will allow you to attach a one of the new titleblocks - actually pretty handy. Drop in a border, then click Titleblock in the OIP to load one. After that click the Edit TB button to enter your info.

If you don't want the Border, you can insert the TB symbol directly. They are in the C:\Program Files\VectorWorks 12.0.0\Libraries\Defaults\Drawing Border - Title Blocks folder

• 2 weeks later...

Title blocks are easy to put in, especially after you create/modify one you like. You do have to go through "Drawing Broder", but you can just turn the border part off if you like.

What I don't understand is what record format the stock titleblocks are referencing and how they're doing it, because the record format doesn't show up as a copy in my current file, where I've inserted the titleblock. But if I make a custom titleblock and associated custom record format, even when saved in the "Drawing Border - Title Blocks" folder, the custom record format always shows up. (And is there a way to get the scale field to automatically reference the design sheets actual scale?)

Instrument key is a command: Tools > Reports > Key to Instrumentation. It isn't bad for getting a basic layout plopped down on the plot, but I'm finding it needs lots of tweaking. So far, I haven't been able to modify how it counts or plops down striplights in the key.