Plant Lists/ Editing

boundnorth

I need help understanding how to edit the plant list for a drawing. I want to do several things (see below) and don't understand how...

1) As I've bumbled along my learning curve, I have apparently entered the same plant onto the plant list multiple times. How do I delete all but one of these entries from the plant list/worksheet (I've tried selecting the 'row' and deleting but the entire worksheet is deleted). Or do I have to go back into the drawing layers and work from there?

2) I want to have separate lists for different categories of plants so I can print out sheets for say the Rose planting plan that just lists roses, or the Tree planting plan that just lists Trees. So far, all plants appear on all work sheets.

Thanks for any help.

The worksheet is a dynamic link to the data in the file. If you don't want something to show in the plant list, it has to be deleted from the drawing, replaced with the correct plant, or set to not show in the worksheet.

It sounds like you really want to replace instances of the duplicate plant definition with the one correct plant definition, and have the plant information for the one definition (same # of instances) display in the worksheet.

To do this, replace the plant with the correct plant using the Replace Plant option in the Obj Info palette w/ the "bad" plant selected.

Take a look at Tools/Custom Selection to help get your head around how Custom Selection works - takes a little bit of time to understand but if the plants you wish to delete are all the same you can grab them - deselect the one you want left and delete the others - one way.

Worksheet - double click the Worksheet and click the little arrow on the top left hand side and select Database Headers - you will notice an additional row appears with a litte diamond on the left hand side - right click this row and choose Select Criteria - this is similar to Tools/Custom Selection above.

If you want different Worksheets for different types of Plants the different catagories should be in different Classes, Layers or catagorised within VW somehow so you can select them together. It goes much deeper than this but this should get you started.

Training is the way to go with Katie or Jonothan Pickup http://www.archoncad.co.nz