VW to Dwg files!!!!

trang

Question

Hi everyone,

Okay, I don't know what's happening with the exporting!! When I am converting the drawing...I leave all the defaults and only change it to a dwg or dxf and it seems to go through...the problem is when I send it. My engineer has tried to open it and he gets a blank screen. I have also tried to open the file and a message comes up saying the filter cannot complete because of an unkown error. Has anyone had this problem or any suggestions.

Thanks,

7 answers to this question

So I tried importing to vw and it says that a

total file imported:1

total file not imported:36

not a dxf or dwg file:36

unkown reasons:0

some of the drawing shows up...but things have shifted around. When I am exporting I also selected the rescale to 1:1...but when I imported it back to the vw the scale changes to 1:2 or 1:1000.

It sounds like the other 36 files are hatch files. Do you have "export hatches" checked when exporting?

If you do it this way, you need to zip the whole folder and send the AutoCAD customer the zip.

Exporting still creating problems

I tried to export the vw file to dwg (autocad) and these are the things that happened

1. Scaling 1:1 doesn't work

...dimensions saying that it's 11'-0" but when measuring the line it says 3"

2. Hatching is moving around

...on the screen all my hatching is where it should be but in the dwg file the hatching seem to attach itself to other things.ie shingle hatch attached to some doors, ground is glass...etc

3. exporting a file the first time...opens, second time an error message shows up and the file can't open

4. Windows disappearing

5. Text/gridlines are flipped around and have shifted around in the drawing

I'm trying to put an image up to show you what's happeing but i'm not sure how...if anyone know how that would be great

Thanks