Importing eps

Hope you can help. It's a long time since I 've done this and I think I've forgotten a setting or something.

When I import a eps file all I get is a grey square with diagonal lines to each corner, not the image.

What do I need to do. It's a clients logoname downloaded as an eps to open with Illustrator. Do I need to have it opened in Illustrator and ungrouped then sent as an eps?

Edit - update. I ungrouped it in Illustrator and can now see logo, but its really poor quality. How do I get it to come in as vector lines as in Illustrator.

Using Vectorworks 10.5 on Windows.

cheers

Alan

Edited by alanmac

I think you can only see the preview: a low-res raster image. Not uncommon. The quality of them does vary, in VW you can actually make some adjustments when exporting an EPSF, but there is little that can be done when importing. Desktop publishing programs can rasterize the image when importing, but VW is not such a program.

I've had to import allot of eps files and I found that when I get the grey block that it has to do with the eps file before they export. The transparentcy has to be set and a few other settings but if the file is exported correctly then I don't have a problem. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies.

It comes in now and I can see it, as I mentioned before, but as a low res image.

I must have dreamt it but I thought it came in as vectors, perhaps I'm thinking the other way, Vectorworks exported as a eps comes into Illustrator as vector lines.

I know using Coreldraw I had the option to export as dwg/dxf and bring stuff into VW that way.

Another option I'll try latter is Illustrator ai file into Cinema 4D then exported as dxf, then into VW. Bit long winded but I don't want to reload Coreldraw 6 back on my pc.

Just have to get my head around Illustrator for these sorts of graphic panel requests.

Thanks all

Alan