Callout tool crashing in 12.5.1

tgm

Well, here we go again with my favorite tool. I have only used the callout tool twice since I started on 12.5 last week and this morning I go to use it in a new file and bang..I get an error message as such.."A Vector Script error has occured on this locked plug in. Refer to the file 'Error Output' for a further explanation"

What is this all about now????

Help!!!

Thanks,

Tom in PA

In the error screen, there's usually a button that takes you to the Error File so you can read the actual error there.

It's done this way b/c the error message is probably too long to put in a dialog box.

The next time the problem occurs, click on the button to take you to the error file and paste the info from the doc here.

Tom,

On the Mac, the VW crash log is located in ~/Library/Application Support/VectorWorks/12/Error Output

Don't have an XP system close by, so I look up the path, but you should be able to find it by searching for "Error Output".

A couple of things that might work, based on things I discovered (on my own) in the process of going back-and-forth with Tech Support for six weeks over a series of crashes in 12.5 that they claimed not to be able to duplicate (because, in fact, they were using 12.0.1 on a DIFFERENT HARDWARE PLATFORM under a DIFFERENT OS version than the one I'm using, but which QA verfied was caused by a bug in 12.5):

1) try unlocking the plugin (you may need administrator privileges to do this. While you're at it, change the user privileges to give yourself both read and write privileges.);

2) remove the Callout tool from the Workspace then re-insert it. (Do this to a copy of the Workspace just to be safe.)

I have always had trouble with the callout, do a search and look at all my past posts on the forum. I have everything from screen flicker when selecting a callout to outright crashes. I still have flicker with 12.5.1 when selecting a callout for revisions or just moving. Just one of those tools........

Thnaks,

Tom in PA