Selecting multiple layers

Arbor

Hi,

I am using VW 12.0.0 Design Series. I recently started trying house designs, and found that I can't seem to select different layers at the same time. I need to go to the layer that the object I want to select is in, and If I want to do something to more than one layer at once, it's impossible.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Arbor

Yes. That's the way VW's layer work. There is a LAYER OPTION called Show,Snap, Modify others that will allow you to select, copy, move, etc. across layers, but this sort of defeats the purpose (and power) of the whole layer paradigm in VW's. You might consider using CLASSES along with layers. This gives you lots of control over attributes and visibilities, and because layers and classes can be "cross-matrixed" (my term) there is a great deal of power available there. If you are ever interested in formal training, I am in Oregon (Ashland) and offer private or semi-private instruction...

Edited by CipesDesign

Two possibilities:

- That all of your layers are not in the same View orientation. eg. that the active layer is in a 3D view whilst the rest are in a Top/Plan View, or vice versa. They must be in the same View orientation for SNMO to work

- If you are using Saved Views the Layer Options and/or Class Options aren't being reset each time you invoke a view. You can edit the Saved View if needed to change this.