Panning in VW12 with Microsoft Trackball Optical

There's something about the logitech drivers on a Mac that do not support panning using the wheel.

If you go into the mouse settings from the System preferences panel, you can uninstall the driver there. Otherwise, search for Logitech and delete the application for Logitech.

I want to be able to pan with the microsoft intellipoint software. There are 2 additional buttons on each side of the trackball that I would like to program.

Also the logitech mouse software will let you program the panning feature into the wheel button buy using advanced click and then check 3 and that lets you have the panning feature.

You can do that even without the latest logitech software in the mouse settings. I have the same mouse and haven't had problems programming the side buttons.

VW has panning capabilities in VW 12 by pressing the mouse wheel.

Katie where do you program the buttons to do VW commands if you are not loading the software?

If I don't load the intellipoint software then it defaults to the system mouse and the panning works. But since I want to program the 2 additional buttons I can only program them for VW commands through the intellipoint software.

Please advise if you can program out of the program.