Extrude along path tool...........

tgm

Well,here we go again. I just upgraded to v12.5.1 and the first tool I go to use I have issues with. I have a curved path and a profile to extrude along the path. I select both, hit the NEXT button to select the path. I see I have a few extrude options listed for scaling and these are all greyed out and connot be selected. Problem 1.

Now for problem 2....The instructions do not show or explain as to what point on the profile to extrude will follow the path. Corner, center what?? And why don't we have the option to select the point that will follow the path.

Quite a lame tool if you ask me. Even some of the more simpler CAD programs give you the option to pick the path point on the cross section.

Am I again the only one having issues? I did a search before posting and could not get any answers that will help me.

Let me know if this is an operator error or program issue.

Thanks for all the past help,

Tom in PA

V12.5.1 WinXP Pro

MiniCad user from day 1.......

Tom, as far as I've been able to tell, during the extrude along path process you cannot set the origin of the extruded object BUT after it's extruded you can double click on it, then choose to edit the "profile", then you will see a set of crossed lines (which are the origin). Simply move the profile object one way or the other to align it with the origin and you'll get what you want. It may take two or three tries to get it just right. But it only takes a couple secs to do. HTH's

Thanks Peter, that did the trick.

Why is something as basic as this omitted from the manual instructions on the use of the tool? Omissions like this seem to ocur in every program I pick up lately.

Any idea why the scaling options are greye out??

Thanks again Peter,

Tom in PA