bay windows / angles windows

wetzelman1

I fairly recenty began using vectorworks at the new company I'm working for. I'm trying to draw up an existing building with bay type greenhouse windows on balcony's. The window is divided into to rows and two colums with the top row being angle back toward the wall and the bottom row remaining vertical. I've searched and searched through vectorworks and I can't seem to find anyway to create this type of window.

Or, if you're willing to take bit of time you can do the following: create WALLS for each side of the bay (they can be very skinny if you want). Then insert windows into the walls so that only the "frame" (which is what's left of the wall) shows. Create a floor for the bottom and a roof for the top. Group it all, or turn it into a symbol. Now, use a window, set to be a cased opening, to define the location of the bay. Drag your bay into place. Voila! Alternately you could create the symbol with "wall insertion" and avoid having to create the cased openings. This will require a bit more time, as you will need to do some trial and error with the exact insertion points. HTH's

NO! that's totaly wrong! That way you'll never be able to use the feature that does not show the lines between two layers in walls! i tried different things and i finally found the best solution. with best i mean the one for using the special feature. you draw a wall, then insert a corner window in it at the edge. i know there isn't any in vw, but you can make it yourself or, as i did, make it with vectorscript. after inserting it into the wall, go to 3D view and adjust the wall so you get a kind of L shape. u must use 'without caps' in the preferences of the symbol. this way the window and wall will show correct in 2D view and 3D view and you don't get lines you do not need!

Edited by someonenamedlink

nothing if you render it in open gl or in other rendering methods as long as you don't get lines in your rendering!!! try render it with a method that uses lines! you'll see that you get lines that doesn't need to be there, and all because of the way the window is made! So if you want a front view (if the window is on the front side) like for a building plan of the architect, you'll need to use lines and no textures!!!!