Open DWG Library Error 309?

TK-421

Question

Anyone know how to resolve a Open DWG Library Error 309? I get this error message when trying to import an AutoCAD dwg file from a consultant. Using VW 12.5 on Mac OS 10.4.8. I can successfully open the file on VW 11 but don't enjoy going backward to do it.

Any help is appreciated.

Jon

20 answers to this question

This is supposed to be fixed with 12.5.1. If you haven't already updated, go ahead and do so, then try to import the file again.

If you do have 12.5.1, then we need to look if anything in the VW folder, including the application name, have been changed.

I just started getting this error with version 12.5. It's funny, the same consultant has been sending me drawings that open up just fine, but these new (larger) files are causing problems.

I'll upgrade and report back. The upgrade to 12.5.1 is also supposed to solve the "linear material" edit crash that was reported as well. Here's to hoping...I just wanted to finish this project before upgrading. crazy.gif

I'm sorry if I am being obtuse, but how do I change the name of the VectorWorks application?

I just upgraded to 2008, and I had the OpenDWG Library Error 309. I can open some dwg files but I have a 3d model file with xrefs that won't open. I believe that I have all of the xref files.

I am trying to get this worked out.

Thanks for any help!

John