Worksheet criteria

Is there a concatenate operator that will allow me to combine two field values in a worksheet report? For example: I want a single worksheet database header to return the joist width and height values from the object info dialog together. Result would look something like 5 1/8"x12", the 5 1/8" comes from the object info width field and the height from the object info height field.

Daryl

Daryl,

VW worksheets are designed to gather the object data (occurance of information associated with objects) in a spreadsheet like format. Unforturnatly it is only a simply data view of the information with limited functions to control the display of the data. The best you can do is attempt to gather the information and export it to an excel spreadsheet where you have a much wider array of functions to manipulate the display of data.

Pete A.

Thanks Pete,

Do you know if there is a way to change the target record format a worksheet is based on? When I create a new report using tools/report, I get the option in the dialog box to specify which record format to associate the worksheet to. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find a way to change the target record format once the worksheet is created. I'm trying to use a previously created and formatted worksheet as a template for a new worksheet but can't seem to change the target record format of the duplicated worksheet.

Daryl

Daryl,

You can simply just make a new recork format from scratch by going the Resource Browser > Resources > New Resource In...mcd > Record Format. You will get a pop-up where you can name the new record formate and add any fields also...I don't think there is any limit to the number of fields but common sense applies. Each field constitutes a column and the data type you select will determine how it displays.

Once it is created than right click on the record format icon in the resource browser and select open. This will bring up the worksheet so you can add formulas to the database headers.

Pete A

Thanks again Pete,

I was just trying to duplicate record formats and worksheets and change the relationships between the two in order to save time since all of the formatting and content is the same. I try not to reinvent the wheel on these types of things if I can help it.

So it sounds like the answer to my original question is-- no it is not possible to redirect a worksheets target to a record format.

Daryl