vw will not launch

LMS

Question

2 answers to this question

If you are on a PC, go to the Control Panel and double click on QuickTime. Get Information about quicktime. If the version states 0.0.0, then the quicktime install is corrupt and will need to be uninstalled and reinstalled (apple.com/quicktime)

I would also suggest you try to launch from the actual application folder rather than the Start or double-click on a file. File association and shortcut designations might be the problem (only found when launching by those two methods). Launching from the actual application folder is the only fool-proof launch test.

Edited by Katie

thank you for your quick response.

i am on PC (dell xeon 3.4ghz, 3 gb ram). i had also attempted to launch from the app folder with the same results. i tried to launch quicktime and indeed it was corrupt, so downloaded quicktime v 7.1.3, and installed. on launching vw, i got the message that this version was newer than what was shipped with vw and that vw might not work and if so, reinstall the version of qt that came with it. same results...vw looks like it is going to run but then just closes, whether launching from app folder, start menu or opening a file.

what is my next step? (btw, i had also reinstalled starting with vw v12.0 with same results already).

thank you