Can a SAVED VIEW be copied?

No. If this is only about layer & class visibilities, then there are ways with quite simple scripts. Theoretically also 3D views, but at least I've never done it.

Can't you lower the bridge instead raising the river - combine the floor plans into a single file?

Unfortunately, my client makes tons of revisions and the file size is already around 80mb. Combining plans would make the file unmanageable. Usually, I start out by saving all the views I like in the document and then re-save different versions. Unfortunately, if I decide that I want a different view, I can't transfer that new view to the other revisions.

80 MB file does sound big. Scanned images, rendered images? Huge 3D-objects from AutoCAD?

If you use Workgoup Referencing and only take layers with vector data, I can't believe you get unmanageable files. Well, if you do, then perhaps you should do a series of WGR-files, pulling in the relevant data from a number of sources.

Having said that, there are technical possibilities for exporting layer and class visibilities and using them in other files.

I am laying out a trade show booth. My client manufactures helicopters. I have five different ones in this floor plan - they were originally 3ds models. In addition to the models and my structure, there is also electrical information, spatial dimensioning and a saved hidden line perspective view. This stuff all adds up.

I am working on another job where I received IGES files from my client. The file for this job is around 130mb and totally unmanageable. I am in the process of re-drawing items and deleting as much as possible. I have it down to 80mb so far.

I have been using VectorWorks for 10 years now and have often wondered about copying views from one document to another...thanks for your help anyway.

Well, there is the solution you have been asking for. Easy!

However, 3D-views CAN be stored & exported; I've just never needed it. If you export as VectorSript, the current view is there, looking like this:

Projection(1,0,1239.520000000000209,-619.760000000000105,619.760000000000105,619.760000000000105,-619.760000000000105);

SetView(#0.0000000000000d,#0.0000000000000d,#0.0000000000000d,0,0,0);

In VectorScript, there are, I believe, procedures/functions for GETting projection and view. You might be able to write a script that saves the settings as a "stand-alone" script that you just "RUN" in any file. (Totally untested theory.)

Your pick.