Creating a window sign

Jim_Allen

Ok.

I am working on a set design for Bye Bye Birdie. For the office of Almaelou Music I want the sign in the window, and since it is an interior setting the name needs to be backwards in the window.

I can't figure out how to do it, as well as when I rotate the set the lettering doesn't stay with the window???

You Arch guys should be able to handle this :-)

Also is there a library of windows, with plate glass, etc. ??

SpotLight only has one window I can find.

Jim,

You can use an Image Prop. When you create it be sure to deselect the Crossed Planes & Auto Rotate to Viewer choices.

The type of window doesn't matter, adjust the size & location of the Image Prop in your scene. It should rotate as you change your view like any other object & the text should be reversed in the rear view.

George

Thanks for the help, but I did something wrong.

I went to Photoshop and created an image 6'x 3' with "Almaelou Music" written on it. I saved it as a JPEG.

I went into VW - Model - create a Image prop - and followed your directions, and clicked OK. It appeared in my Resource Browser. I selected the wall I wanted it to go on and applied it.

Nothing confused.gif

Jim,

Select the wall, check OI Palette Render tab to see which part of the wall it has been applied to (Right, Center, Left). If it is there, scroll down & check:

1. Map type = Plane

2. Scale - you may need to increase it for the prop to show.

3. Mapping or Attribute Mapping Tool to adjust position on the wall.

4. If it is tiled, deselect repeat H & V.

It's probably there, just too small or on the wrong side of the wall.

George

I went back to the begining and tried it again. Now after I have created an image prop it puts a moveable square on my drafting the size I want. but it is blank. If I go into the square's OIP, to the render tab. select - edit "Am sign" prop texture resource, and then select image color edit - I see the script of the sign, but it will not render the sign. It renders a blank square.

This is what happens when a lighting designer tries to do sets!! ooo.gif

Jim,

If you go into a blank file & create an image prop, will it render so that the text can be seen? I can't cause the problem you describe in a file containing only the image prop.

Your image is a jpg? Is the color of the text different from the background?

I think you have my email from problem with an earlier image prop with flames. If you send me the jpg, I'll take a look.

George