Hiding the 3d origin marker in flyover?

On my setup (WXP Pro), the marker shows the point of rotation & disappears during the flyover action when Open GL. In wireframe, the marker & groundplane grid are visible during flyover.

I don't think you can turn it off totally, it helps to let you know where your rotation point is before you begin & you can click to relocate it.

On WXP, the previous suggestions have no effect on this behavior.

I had already tried both suggestions before posting. Neither one works.

George, while the 3d center-of-rotation marker does serve a userful purpose and it does disappear while rotating/panning/zooming in flyover mode, it reappears when the action is finished.

The problem is that I do a fair amount of interactive conceptual modelling when meeting with clients, and some of them can't mentally blank the thing out when they're looking at a static 3D view onscreen, and even those who are able to blank it out find it distracting. (It also makes it next-to-impossible to take a quick screenshots that can be e-mailed to a client without post-processing to edit it out.) It would be less of an issue if the marker could be placed inside or below an object, but it's superimposed on the rendered scene, so it sticks out like sore thumb.

I understand why it could be important to know where the point of rotation is: I just don't see why it's necessary to have it display 100% of the time in 3d in all rendering modes. At the very least, give me the option of turning it off and on as needed!

Edited by fsung

Katie,

In Wireframe, the grid & axis graphic appear during the flyover. In rendered modes, only the axis graphic shows. It makes sense for both to show during a wireframe flyover since it's so easy to become disoriented. The problem is that the grid & axis compete with the display of content in the drawing. It would be helpful to be able to toggle them on and off.

George

I've done quite a few of these and haven't needed to worry about the "ground plane", 3D loci or one or more axes. No idea what the settings might have been, as it was invariably during the wee hours in a total panic & trance when the presentation was prepared, to be shown at some ungodly pre-dawn time like noon.