Sign in to follow this  
The Company Builder

Printing Large Drawings To Smaller Paper Sizes....

Question

Has anyone ever tried to print large drawings (say, 24x18, or 36x24, etc.) to smaller paper without having to change the viewports, drawing borders, etc.? In my line of work, I have been creating drawings at 30x42, but have had to print them out on 11x17 paper for review. Is there any way this can be done? Please let me know at your earliest convenience. Thanks in advance for your answers.

6 answers to this question

Perhaps the eaiset way is to make a PDF, then when you go to print it, set the paper size and "size to fit". There is also the option to scalw by percentage. Click on PAGE SETUP then on the PRINTER SETUP button. You will see a "%" field (set to 100 % by default) that you can change. HTH's

I also need to print 24" x 36" and 11" x 17" of the same sheets.

(I keep the border of the 24"x36"s at 22" x 34" so 50% fits all on 11"x17").

The only way I see is a whole separate set of sheets with the different printer setup. That is, one set of sheets for 11"x17" and another set for 24"x36".

Otherwise you have to reset the page and printer setup for each sheet to switch between printers. A pain.

Adobe Acrobat Professional has a printing option to reduce a pdf to any page size desired. I use it all the time; it is very useful.

The free Acrobat Reader program may have the same option.

If you using Mac OSX. Under print dialog box,

Choose Paper Handling Tab, and then choose Destination paper size.

It will automatic change the output size without ammend the original paper setting.

I think this is the easiest way. No pdf required.

G-Pang

OSX 10.4.8

PowerMac + 30" Apple Display