Texture bed problems

P Retondo

Is it a known fact that the texture bed tool doesn't work? The results I get are that the applied texture shows only in Renderworks, and only on the vertical edges of the bed, not on the horizontal surface!

I would be in favor of (yet another) major overhaul of the whole DTM concept. With NURBS tools available, a much more straightforward, flexible and intuitive set of tools should be possible, that automatically give us a NURBS surface instead of a polygonized surface. Projecting a 2d outline onto a NURBS surface that can cut the surface, create a separate surface to which a texture can be applied with the usual methods, etc., should be way things work. Creating a NURBS surface from a set of 3d contours with a boundary should be a simple operation. The way things work now, while better than the earlier versions, is frankly cumbersome and overly complicated. I see no need to have a special DTM object - just a set of NURBS tools tailored to site modeling needs.