Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

CalcVolume(obj) With Walls!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, perhaps you are doing something funny because I get the same & correct volumes by whichever means.

Incidentally, I just recently updated my generic area & volume calculation commands and objects and while doing that, tested the VS functions extensively.

I still can't reproduce any of your findings.

I tried all the numbers to 10000, and none of the ones that gave something match the net area!!! So this is not the way to find it???

And there's something very wrong with calcvolume for walls!!! it only is correct when the wall has no peaks!!! and i'm making a command to calculate everything in my drawing and give it like i want it. the reason why i want to make it in vs is because the spreadsheet is not that flexibe. i just want the results and not a line for each wall!!!

Edited by someonenamedlink

Look from the VS Reference (Additional Resource / Appendix). In my testing there was nothing wrong in calculations regarding walls with peaks - but then again, even I may be wrong.

Besides, you don't need a line for each wall in the spreadsheet if you use "sum" function.

k, thx for that.

But that info is not in the appendix!!! althought not in the one of vw 12!!! so i could not find it!!!

I tried all the numbers and i found that you're not completely correct:

608: wall net area

609: wall left net area

610: wall right net area

611: wall gross area

612: wall left gross area

613: wall right gross area

Thx much!!!

But that info is not in the appendix!!! althought not in the one of vw 12!!! so i could not find it!!!

How do you think I found it? The fact that you could not find it does not mean that it is not in the appendix.

I tried all the numbers and i found that you're not completely correct:

Oh dear me! I most humbly and sincerely beg your pardon for missing your mouth when spoon-feeding you.

EDIT/PS:

Is there any truth in this: "Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae"?

Edited by Petri