Sign in to follow this  
theodor

Color problem with HP110plus nr

Question

I am having color sync problems between Vectorworks and the printer. What prints out is not what is on the screen. Any

suggestions. Would upgrading to 12 help?

6 answers to this question

Me too, and I am on VWA + R 11.5.

I don't know if it has anything to do with what version on VW we are on, there must be an incompatibility in the HP software or preferences or something - I would dearly love to know how to get some synchronicity.

Are you using drivers supplied by HP or built in OS drivers?

The other thing to check in the color palette in the printer settings. VW draws/prints RGB colors. If another color palette is used as the calibration, the colors could be off.

We had a 110 for a while in the office and didn't have any calibration issues.

Edited by Katie

This sounds highly promising, but my HP110 was hooked up by the supplier so I am not sure what they did:

1. How can I tell which drivers I am using?

2. Where are the printer settings?

Katie, can I say thank you for all your support and patience you have shown to us users throughout the year, you have been fantastic.

Thanks David, I appreciate it.

If you go into the print center, get info about the printer. The driver or PPD file information should be somewhere in there.

Thank you.

The printer driver is HP 3.1 which I think is current, and the PPD file version is 1.0.

How can I check if the system is set up for RGB?

Can you also tell me if v12.5 corrects the square pen/round pen problem, so angled lines print at the same width as horizontal or vertical lines?

Quartz fixes the problem, and VW 12 is quartz enabled. The short answer is, yes, VW 12 addresses that issue.

You may have to contact HP to verify the RGB settings. You can explore the various boxes in the settings to see if you see anything related to color wheel or color palette selection.

The latest driver on HP's website is:

HP Designjet MAC Printer Driver (Mac OSX Server not supported)

Version: 4.1

Released: 31 Jul 2006

You may want to download the newer driver and see what happens.