Problems with Printing Symbols in VW10.5 to PDF for OSX

Hello,

Recently switched from PC to MAC and have had problems plotting from PDF. More specifically, lighting symbols (such as S4 ERS) with barrel deliniations are unintelligible. The symbol prints beautifully, but the greyscale 19*, 26*, 36* etc. cannot be read. Is this a problem that anyone else has had?

I am using Adobe 7.0 pro to print my VW plots to PDF at 300dpi. I take those PDFs via thumbdrive or email to my local blue print shop. This is the only problem related to the conversion. There are no other scaling or line-weight issues. Is this an issue with a greyscale setting, or on the production side?

Feel like I'm missing an obvious problem or setting, but can't put my finger on it. Never encountered it on my PC versions. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Peter

I recently became a MAC nut but had horrid printing problems because I have an A1 plotter with only PC drivers. Printing from pdf is ok. UP the res to 600 dpi in your sheet layer box and try that. It should help as it makes wapping big files. Alternateivly keep the terrible old PC and use it as a kind of print server and use the vectorworks reader software to talk to it. Hope my tribulations help!!

Mark

I had problems using the grey text labels, our HP 750c+ plotter didn't make them clear, especially when a fixture was rotated off 0?/90?/180?

Thats why I prefer to use the graphical ellipsoidal fixtures for that very reason. When you have 300+ fixture on a plot, all that grey text blends in, but the slashes always stand out.

Just my personal preference...