Customizing Default Elevation Symbols

RWW

I'm sure that I'm way over my head here but as the most experienced CAD person in our firm I've been asked to modify the default elevation symbol. So far so good, but they would like radial buttons or check boxes to activate four arrows so one marker can be placed in a room and any combination of the four markers can highlight elevations that we draw. I don't think the full active section tool is a must but I've no idea where to start. Is this function within VectorWorks or is this a C++ kinda thing? If it is C++ is it something I could pick up from scratch or is it complicated?

• 2 weeks later...

The best way to achieve this is to create four symbols, one for north, south , east and west. Duplicate the symbol in the resource browser and then edit each to reflect want you need. If your talking about a parametric symbol, that's programming and beyond my abilities. Or use what VW's provides and tell the boss to quit messing with you!