Yet another "no dongle attached" problem

Daniele Procida

Question

VectorWorks 10.5.1.

Tested on Mac OS X 10.3.0, 10.3.9, 10.4.0, 10.4.8, including clean installations, and on two different Macs.

The dongle is a HASP4 USB 1.33.

I have tried it with the bundled drivers, and with the driver at <ftp://ftp.aladdin.com/pub/hasp/hl/mac/HDD_Installer_MacOSX.dmg>.

The dongle lights up with a steady light, but VectorWorks says: "There is no VectorWorks dongle attached to this computer. VectorWorks will now quit."

Does this sound like a faulty dongle?

Daniele

5 answers to this question

It sounds like you might be trying to use a newer dongle driver with an older version of VW.

VW 10 is not signed with Tiger, nor should the tiger driver be used in conjunction with VW 10.

You will need to roll the OS back to OS 10.3, if you choose to stick with VW 10. Otherwise, upgrade to VW 12.

Uninstall the dongle drivers and reinstall, making sure to use the driver not designated for Tiger and the Hasp 4 dongle driver - not the Hasp HL dongle driver.

If you need help with this, please contact tech support directly.

It sounds like you might be trying to use a newer dongle driver with an older version of VW.

Could be, but the bundled one doesn't work either. However, the dongle *has* been working for months, until yesterday.

Uninstall the dongle drivers and reinstall, making sure to use the driver not designated for Tiger and the Hasp 4 dongle driver - not the Hasp HL dongle driver.

The HL drivers are the only ones I can find available, even from the HASP4 download page. If they are not the same, where are the HASP4 drivers?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Daniele

What was done to the computer yesterday? An update, disk utility, installation of new softwar, etc.?

Select HASP 4 from the links on this page

http://aladdin.com/support/hasp.asp

If you reinstalled the dongle driver, did you remove the former driver?

It suddenly stopped working, apparently.

The Mac OS X drivers available from the link you posted (which are the ones I've been using) are all HL drivers. The download links on the HASP4 pages are just the same as the ones on the HASP HL pages, for example <ftp://ftp.aladdin.com/pub/hasp/hl/mac/HDD_Installer_MacOSX.dmg>.

I have also tried uninstalling before installing.

Daniele