import with files inside folder causes VW crash

Benson Shaw

Question

Anybody else see this?

Trying to import util_xbase.dwg to VW.

If new, blank VW file and util_xbase.dwg are in same folder with all the other project dwg files, the import is interrupted and VW quits "unexpectedly". No message about xrefs. Same result if VW on desktop, dwg in project dwg folder.

If new, blank VW file and util_xbase.dwg are on desktop and all the other dwg files are elsewhere, nested in a folder, util_xbase.dwg imports but returns an error/note pane that xrefs for one of the other dwg are not present. The imported data works just fine. Other dwg files import from folder to desktop.

Here's the setup:

Import with custom settings: Auto units, Paperspace units by Layout, 120 scale, Scale Text, World Origin, 2d/3d

Project dwg folder contains 20 project AC dwgs describing the construction drawing set for an urban superblock redevelopment. Dwg files come from 4 different sources - two private mixed-use developments, public roads and public util. Files include xbase, xland, A_arch, B_arch, survey and a bunch more dwg files which represent various sheets in the drawing set - these import as as viewports and exhibits (sheet layers). Apparently, the various AC users can combine and use these files no prob.

Is this a bug? pilot error?

8 answers to this question

Katie,

Is there any way I can get status on this? I sent the file on Dec. 19th. I got no confirmation or ack of receipt of the file. How does the process work when you submit a bug/problem? Should I have received a reference number or something?

Since the program blows up, I have tried to uninstall V12.5 and install V12.0 and I get an error message that stops the install process.

Thanks.

Sending a file to bugsubmit will not return any email to you. That's why I suggest sending it to both tech@ and bugsubmit@.

If you sent it to tech@, you can send an email to tech@ to find the status of the issue. You can also call 410-290-5114 and explore the status that way.

I'll also send a note over to the TS team.