12.0.1 DVD installation issues

PAC Manager

Question

My 12.0.1 DVD purchased this past summer has yet to complete an installation on either of the 2 computers I have tried. Both run Windows XP. I have tried while on my brand new Dell laptop and school network and on my desktop computer at home. I have not yet tried the laptop through my home network.

At home it is stuck in a QuickTime loop. At home it installs QuickTime then says QuickTime is either not present or is too old.

At school it gets farther into the install and conks out with a complicated error message telling me to look for a folder. When I look for it it does not exist, even when making sure nothing is hidden. I can follow up later with the exact message.

Frustrating to have expensive software that does not install.

3 answers to this question

The error message is:

"An error was encountered when installing a component of VectorWorks. See...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nemetchek\VectorWorks\12\NNAOutput.txt

...for details."

I have been unable to locate this folder either using the address or hunting for it throught the folders. I have tried showing hidden folders.

This is on my laptop. I cannot attempt to install on my desktop because it does not have a DVD drive and I have not had access to one.

I was still able to complete my product registration.