Macbook pro specs for VW

Hi, I'm looking to buy a macbook pro to help with client presentaions on site. I will probably use it in my office as main computer connected to display. Although I don't do alot of intensive rendering in my presentions, I'd like to make sure I do have enough power to do so if needed. My question is, is the 2.16 ghz model enough? I can add more ram myself, so that is not an issue.

Anybody here using one and has any feedback

Thanks,

John

Hi John, I'm sitting on the Airport at the moment, working on my brand new MacBookPro 2.33/2gigs RAM. It seemes to be about 2-3 times faster than my G5 1.8 Dual at home. The reason I chose the 2.33 had to do with two things: first it comes standard with 2 gigs of RAM, and to purchase additional RAM for the 2.13 was gonna be spendy. Second, even thoough the vid card is the same, the 2.33 model has twice as much dedicated video RAM, which also makes a huge difference in rendering times and scren redraw. One thing that was a bit diddappointing was that my first gen 20" display has the older ADP connector, which means buying a $100 adaptor in order to plug it in to the MacBook. But all-in-all I'm very happy with it. HTH's

Edited by CipesDesign

Are you sure this is the case?

Screen redraws and OpenGL rendering, yes, however, IIRC, pre-12.5 Renderworks rendering is done by the CPU, not the GPU, so the graphics card and the amount of dedicated VRAM are only a factor in OpenGL rendering. Unless the Lightworks rendering engine has been substantially re-written between 12.0 and 12.5, I would expect that still to be the case.