v v slow rendering

Not sure if this is a Renderworks problem.

Rendering in Final Quality Renderworks has slowed down to the point where it is unusable. The last picture I tried to render took 20min to render about half of it. The rendering had been working perfectly well on this file. The speed issue started when I added a layer with ~ 180 3D plants. Deleting the layer has made no difference - if I try to render a picture with more than one layer, the whole thing grinds to a halt. I get exactly the same with a Layer Link.

I had a similar problem with another file, but when I removed the plant layer the speed was OK again.

I've produced several VW files using lots of these 3d plants in the past (in 12.5) & never had any problems - any suggestions?

pc AMD Athlon 3200+, 1.5Mb RAM, XP Home version 2002

From your description, my first guess would be that one or more of the plant symbols is corrupt. My experience suggests that simply deleting all instances of a corrupt symbol doesn't solve the problem since the symbol is still present in the file's resource library. Try running the "Purge Unused Objects ..." command in the Tools menu (on a copy) and see if that clears things up.