Error message: "dongle not found" and tech support

Kerstin

Question

Hiya,

I have newly installed Vectorworks 12.5 on my laptop (single academic license, purple dongle, no previous version on it), installed the dongle drivers and plugged the dongle into my USB port. It is found and the red light is active.

However if I open Vectorworks the programme is starting up, but then telling me it didn't find a dongle, thus closing down again.

I have tried de- and reinstalling the driver, downloaded a new driver version from the aladin website and the problem persists.

I wrote an Email to tech@nemetschek.net 24 hours ago but didn't receive any answers.

I tried to call the tech support that is listed on the nementschek website for the UK but there is an answering machine only.

Can please someone give me adequate support on that soon?

Cheers,

Kerstin

4 answers to this question

When you plug the dongle in, does it light up?

I know this seems minute, but have you restarted the computer since installing the dongle drivers?

What color is the dongle?

What OS are you using?

Yes, the dongle lights up (red light, constantly on).

I have restarted the computer a couple of times, and I have tested about every combination of installing the driver (directly from DVD, from the aladdin website, with dongle plugged in or out) including deinstalling and reinstalling.

The dongle is purple and I am using Windows XP Professional.

Cheers,

Kerstin

Hi Katie,

in the meantime the UK support team contacted me (I was inquiring on them in parallel) and finally after some other suggestions they provided a version of the dongle driver named HASP4.99.5.20 and with that it worked out.

Thanks anyway, and good luck, Petri, with getting things running! Maybe you can try the Finnish support team if there is one?!?

Cheers,

Kerstin