Adding created symbol to resource browser

I have created a symbol in a document that I wish to add to a folder(created by myself) in the resource browser window. I am continually creating this certain symbols or searching old drawings to copy and past the symbol into the new drawing.When I attempt to add the symbol to the resource browser it places the symbol into the favorites section which is removed when I close the drawing.

If symbols are in the file, they also automatically reside in the Symbols folder. Add the entire file to Favorites (RB>Files and Folders>Add Current to Favorites). Those symbols, and anything/everything in that file, are now readily accessible.

Usually helpful to create several favorites chock-full of goodies.

HTH.

If symbols are in the file, they also automatically reside in the Symbols folder. Add the entire file to Favorites (RB>Files and Folders>Add Current to Favorites). Those symbols, and anything/everything in that file, are now readily accessible.

HTH.

When I close the current drawing that I am working on the favorites folder disappears from the RB with the symbol in it.How do I get the favorites folder to appear when using different drawings?I need to make this folder available for use with all drawings that I open or create.

Add the file to the Favorites list.

Click on the arrow to the right of "Files and Folders" and select "Add New Resource File". Locate the file, click Open, and the file is now in the list until you remove it.

It's best if the w/ the symbol is not a working drawing, but a file used to store resources only.

Katie,

My attempt here is to make the symbol part of the existing library of symbols that allow me to select and then insert them.

Katie,

"Add new resource file" is not a option for me.My options to add a file are,

"Add new to favorites files"

"Add current to favorites".

Edited by mdilday

In the RB, click on the selection bar underneath Files and Folders, there should be two sets of files, one under the heading "Open", one under "Favorites". The Favorites are always available, even if the file is not open.

The Symbol folder or Symbol/PIO category under Resources is specific to the file in the top selection bar. I don't think it can be "universal," unless you place all your symbols in one specific file.