Hiding 2D Objects and Bugs

A question. And possible bugs?

Can you hide 2D objects while in 3D (say renderworks camera mode) without saving a view and hiding classes? That seems messy.

Also - I inserted a layer link of neighboring buildings from another file into my site model. I want to unlock them to move them up/down/around without going into that file and moving each layer. BUT unlock does not appear on the Modify menu. Same for a layer link from the site model drawing that contains the buildings on the site.

Also - I have no 2D or 3D section commands either.

Is this normal?

Scott Reynolds

The 2d stuff will dissappear if you are in Stack layers mode.

Or

Create a model layer and on that layer create layer links from the other layers. Set project 2d off for these layer links.

Or

Create a Viewport with "Project 2D" turned off

Are your 'layer links' from other files actually workgroup references?

2D and 3D section commands were removed from the default workspace in VW 12. You can still access them by using the workspace editor to add them to the workspace. Please note, section viewports have, for the most part, replaced these two commands and are live. You may want to look into section viewports to see if there are any advantages to your workflow with them.

The unlock menu is under the Modify menu in all the standard workspaces. Check to see what workspace you are in, or if you are using something that ends in "Classic".

Thanks Katie. By turning on the Arch classic workspace and then turning it off, the unlock cmd appeared. I understand your point and reached that place because I was frustrated with the new viewports. I just need to be patient and learn more!

My 3d question was for renderworks camera, I have 2D polygons defining zoning setbacks, etc in my site model that I don't want to see. How do I get rid of them in camera mode?

Another question - is there a place where I can read about slab layers? I never used them and they seem to affect wall hgt for basements but not for other floors? Now that I have gotten Renderworks and am doing some site stuff I feel I should set up models and drawings better.

The layer link question came up as I want to move parts of duplexes up and down to look at how they relate to the topography. It is a pain to do it layer by layer. I modeled the floors and placed a layer link in my site plan. I'd like to view things in front view, move them up and down, look at the sections etc - repeat. Is there a good way to do this?

Thanks

Scott