VW 12 General Questions

I have just upgraded to V12.5. I see the power but am having trouble accessing some of it!

I have searched the posts and am not clear on:

How to change the siding color in a texture (say from the provided alum yellow to a vinyl blue)?

Can I draw walls with all elements attached but just view and dimension the framing (I want to see the picture by my builders build the frame)?

I have others but this is a start.

By and large I like what I see though.

Thanks for the help

Scott Reynolds

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If the siding texture is based on a bitmap, then you'll have to find a bitmap in the right color (or use Photoshop to change it).

Right now, there's no way to view just the framing parts of a wall. What you can do, though, is create a separate framing plan that is just a copy of your architectural floor plan (with all the wall components) but you've used the wall substitution command to substitute just framing walls for the complete walls (with all finish components.) Then you can use the wall framer on these. Obviously this is not a "linked" solution, but it will work to develop detailed framing plans from architectural plans.