Networking File Saving Issues

Is there a way for various people to work on one file through a network? If not, is there a way to accurately save the files so we don't have to keep creating new files?

For example: I work on some floor plans for a project. Close the file when I am done on my computer and my co-worker trys to open the file on his computer via the network and gets a "this file is currently in use" error. When clearly the file is not in use.

I have checked the permissions to the files. They are all read + write. Not sure what I a missing.

thanks...I'm new to the network and vectorworks.

B

Workgroup Referencing is for several people to work together over a network.

Basic default is one user per a file in VW. But you can bring other files into yours while those files are open by others through WGR and update them as you need.

This assumes that you have to break files for a project if many are expected to work together.

Your error message 'this file is currently in use ' might be the case when someone has the file open over the network or someone has the file under their resource broswer.