disappearing resources?

Ken Bowen

Question

I have just "upgraded" to #12.5 and when moving some of my older symbols in to new drawings, they work ok for a bit then corrupt or evaporate. I have lost curtain objects and sweeps. I have also seen some very wierd stuff with symbols that used older textures: they had no textures for a while and then suddenly many drawing elements adopted a new texture without my applying that texture. And what is the deal with texture mapping? "Plane" mapping doesn't rotate and I can edit other mapings and have them not show up.

oi

Ken

Edited by Katie

2 answers to this question

When you say "upgraded" are you refering to an upgrade - 11.x to 12.5, or an update - 12.x to 12.5?

11.x to 12.5. But I'm starting to have a hunch: In order to install, I had to nuke a bunch of files to get the 5gigs that the install said it needed. After install I have a couple gigs open out of 60-some. But I'm wondering if the install is fragged all over the drive. I notice that it renders slower here (800mhz Power PC G-4, 768megs) than on my work machine which is virtually identical except with less RAM. Do I need to roto-root my drive and reinstall? Other symptoms: inability to create multiple layer links with shift-select, more failure of objects to accept texture mapping modifications (rotation), and upon symbol creation, the thing ends up at an entirely different Z value than I created it at.

Ken