Prob's Importing Outlined AI Text in VW.12

AussieAussie

Question

Hi fellow VW posters,

What I am trying to do:

Import outlined Illustrator text letters into VW.12 and extrude the letters to be part of a sign.

What I am doing and what my prob is:

I outline the text in AI, and then export the text as a DWG file. When I import the DWG file into VW.12, and attempt to extrude the letters there is an error message saying "there were objects selected that were locked or are illegal in extrudes and sweeps". Its really weird, I have found that the letters that are polylines are extrudeable, but some of the letters comes in as 2D symbols. These 2D symbols are not extrudeable.

It confuses me because it is random in which letters comes in as polylines and which ones come in as 2D symbols.

Is there something that I am doing wrong with the exporting in AI? Is there something in VW.12 that I can convert these 2D symbols into polylines? Or is there a better way to do what I am doing??

If someone has any suggestions, or know of a better way, it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks fellow VW users

- A very frustrated AussieChris

1 answer to this question