Drawing border creation

JoeF

I guess the drawing border is hard wired into VW. I wonder why this appears in the manual in the chapter called "Creating Drawing Borders".

Various types of drawing borders can be created, including ConDoc, GSA, AEC, ASME, and ISO formats and their associated title blocks, revision blocks, tolerance blocks, projection blocks, and issue and revision data.

I wanted a border that did not have grids so I checked the documentation and found a chapter on drawing border creation. This led me to believe I could "create" a drawing border the same way I could create a title block. This led to much fruitless searching for a way to create this drawing border. In frustration I came here and posted my message. I can probably do what I need with preferences, but this did not occur to me as the docs led me to the notion that the drawing border was as modifiable as a title block. The documentation is not very helpful in this case as it confuses the drawing border with the title block, and they are definitely two different objects.

I know all this stuff now. If I had known it was impossible to create a drawing border I would have explored the object info palette in greater depth right from the start. I made the mistake of going to the help file and reading the chapter on drawing border "creation". Well you cannot create a drawing border only modify it through the object info palette. So that is what I will do.