Lost Selection Handles

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, now I've experienced the lost selection handles problem. Selection is still enabled (OIP indicates correct selection set). Problem does not occur in other open files. Requires a reboot of VW. Video driver is up to date.

This seems to be happening when I change 3d views, get a view with some objects that should be there not visible, and use "ZZ" to regenerate the view. At this point, all objects become visible and are selectable, but the selection handles do not appear until after closing and restarting VW.

Edited by P Retondo

Katie, update: still encountering this problem despite latest video card driver.

I find that it is not necessary to restart VW to get the problem to disappear. I just have to close and open the file. I can't replicate the problem, otherwise I'd submit it as a bug. It seems to occur when changing 3d views, and seems to correspond to situations where the screen draw is incomplete. Doing what I think is the exact same series of operations does not necessarily trigger the problem.

Incomplete screen draws are a problem I've encountered frequently in v12, and I usually just zoom or hit "zz" to get a complete view of all objects.

Are these problems something you've experienced or heard about?

Pete,

Is it happening w/ other files, or just the one file?

I've heard of the problem, but updating the video driver always resolves the problem OR the person is using Win 64 w/ an unsupported video card.