Layer issue

Tsquared

Question

3 answers to this question

Want to export data from only one layer?

1. Make the layer active.

2. View/Layer Options-select Active Only.

3. Make sure there is no extra data: Select All and click Fit to Objects to see everything on that layer. You could also make all classes visible and select all just to be sure there are no hidden objects on the layer. Remove data you don't want to export.

4. File/Export dwg - In your export options pane select:

a. Export as dxf Classes: Layers

b. Invisible Classes are Not Exported.

5. Click OK to close the export options.

6. Click Save to export.

Create a new blank VW file and import your dwg to check.

Good Luck.

Many apologies, I'd given up hope of receiving a reply and have only just revisited. I will try your solution next time. I have continued to have minor issues when exporting to dwg with such things as text, dimensions, fills, hatches, in spite of having experimented with the translator settings. I now find the simplest thing for me is to rectify the anomolies directly in ACAD before issuing, which is not what I had in mind when switching to VW.

Realistically speaking, you should not expect the translation to be graphically identical. There obviously aren't direct equivalents for everything in the other program.

As comes to text, translating VW's TrueType to AutoCAD's 'shp' is, I understand, pretty much impossible in a way that would keep locations, sizes, alignments etc. exactly as they are in VW.