Sign in to follow this  
Danteau

Saving as PDF file

Question

I have v12.5 instaled on two machines, (PC) on my desktop I have the ability to print to "adobe PDF" which allows me to save the file as a PDF file. On my laptop, I don't have the "adobe PDF" option as a choice of printers. How do I go about installing the adobe pdf driver?

Dan

4 answers to this question

You have to buy the Adobe software and install it on the computer.

With VW 12 though, you don't need the Adobe PDF software to generate PDF files. Simply use File>Export to PDF (if you are using one of the Design Series products)

Katie,

Thanks, I suspected that I needed to uy the adobe product. However, I am using 12.5 on PC (designer series) and I don't have the option to export to PDF. I have a friend with a mac, and they have the export option.

Thanks for your help,

Dan

Dan,

You need to add the Export to PDF to your Workspace. Use Workspace Editor. If you're unfamiliar with this process, repost and I'll walk you through it.

Good luck,

The PDF export should be in all of the standard design series workspaces. Are you using Architect, Landmark, Spotlight, etc. workspaces? (make sure you are not using Architect classic, landmark classic, etc.)