extruding a planar surface along a path

pthomhump

I'm trying to exrude a company logo, which is a series of polylines around a curved surface, much like taking a sticker and pasting around a coffee mug, but in 3D CAD somehow. I've briefly explored every 3D tool that VW12.5.0 has to offer, yet I can't seem to figure this one out. Can anybody lend me some advice?

Basically I have a Bank logo with graphic art & text and I'm trying to apply it to a curved sign in 3D. Much like pasting a decal of said bank logo to a round coffee cup. Since I had the EPS & Adobe Illustrator I exported the file as a DWG from Illustrator so I could bring it into VW as a series of 2D polylines. Now I'm try to apply it to curved 3D surface. I would imagine that VW would have some 3D feature to allow some way to bend this logo around a curve. My current work around is to approximate the text with the text along path tool & segment the extruded graphics around the curve. This seems time consuming & I would imagine someone has run into this problem before?

For the second image:

1. In Top/Plan I drew a Polyline and extruded it. This created the curved panel.

2. The Texture: Resource Browser>Resources>New Resource in "File Name">Renderworks Texture.

3. Edit Texture Window: Color>Image Color>Choose Image>Import Image File. Browse to the Image and select. In Edit Image Window - un-check Tile H & V.

Assign Texture to your object. In the OIP Render Tab, scroll down the pane - you'll see controls for Scale,Tile & Mapping.

Select Mapping - in the Edit Mapping window you can adjust map type, rotation and location on the surface.

Experiment a bit and you should get what you want.