grey layers should keep fill

digitalcarbon

Question

7 answers to this question

It sounds to me like you don't want a grayed option, but the ability to set the "grayed" layers to a level of opacity to allow transparency and color retention.

If you are on a mac with quartz imaging enabled while using VW 12, you can control the opacity in the Layers dialog box.

If you are using Windows, or no quartz, play with the Overlay layers mode.

That sounds correct. The option of how a layer is grayed or it's level of transparency would be useful. I am PC based. However the overlay layers affects any layers that are below. I want the grayed type effect, but with some options to choose.

i.e. level of transparency, retain color and change opacity..

The class option is one that I have been using by duplicating layers and changing their class to match what I am looking for. This starts to duplicate too many objects and requires much management to keep track. The types of drawings I work with for feature films are ongoing and change constantly throughout the project. So having tools that you can apply or change are better than creating more classes, layers and objects. The management begins to take away from the goal at hand.