Viewing Textures in Open GL mode (VW 12.5)

Hi All

We use Architect version of 12.5 (without Renderworks), and whenever we use a image texture on any polygon (including importing object with image textures), they render as a white/gray surface in openGL mode.

I have checked all the opengl rendering settings within vectorworks (including the render textures tick box!), but to no avail.

There must be some kind of setting in vectorworks that turns this on.

This happens on Win XP, and Mac OS X 10.3, so not platform/ computer related, therefore I think it must be a vectorworks setting that all our workstations have set for some reason?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

James

Hi All

Thanks for your replies, this is surprising to me. I understand the need for Rnderworks when needing relaistic light simulations, but we have Vectorworks designer (excluding Renderworks), so the landmark package comes with the xFrog package of 3d trees, and most of these cannot be rendered because they use image textures. This requirement for Renderworks for everyday modelling seems a little odd.

Many thanks for your replies though and hear is hoping that nemetschek is listening.

thanks,

James