Sign in to follow this  
mviita

Sketchup layers to VW classes -how?

Is there a way to make VW import Sketchup layers directly into VW classes? The default seems to be from layers to layers, which results in a round of manual conversion from layers to classes in VW.

Manual? Well, maybe I can offer a digital manus:

{------------------------------------}

PROCEDURE Layers2Classes;  { ? Petri Sakkinen 1995 - 2006 } 

VAR 
ObHd, LHd : HANDLE; 
LayerName, ClassName : STRING; 

PROCEDURE L2C (ObHd : HANDLE); 
BEGIN 
SETCLASS(ObHd, GETLNAME(GETLAYER(ObHd))); 
END; 

BEGIN 
FOREACHOBJECT(L2C, ALL);	
END; 

RUN(Layers2Classes); 

{------------------------------------}  

In short(hand): copy the VectorScript, paste it into either a new VectorScript in the current document or a Plug-In command.

After issuing the command, have layer options as "Show/Snap/Modify Others", then say "Select All", "Group" and "Ungroup". Finally say "Purge Unused Objects" (Layers) and Bob's your uncle.

No hands.

(Once upon a time, AutoCAD files needed to be reclassified & flattened, thus the original date of 1995.)

Edited by Petri

Help! When I attempt to use your Layers to Classes VS, It appears that each object on that layer gets a differing class. I now have seemingly hundreds of classes. It bogs the dwg down to a point where it feels like the file is 100mb, while it measures 6.5 mb. Except that this VS looks very promising. Your help is appreciated!