"This form is no longer valid" - stupid!

Petri

Question

I wrote a lengthy reply which involved some testing and was interrupted by normal life (work). Having it finally ready, I said "Continue" and POOF! It could not be submitted but had vanished in the air.

This is totally stupid. Can we please have better forum software or better settings!

3 answers to this question

Yeah ... very annoying ... I now copy all my postings prior to sending just in case.

When eharmony.com offered to post free User profiles I spent hours crafting a profoundly clever and attractive personality profile then when I clicked on send the server had timed out on me ... that was the last time I ever tried to post a damned profile ... screw em I say ...

Yes.

Annoying

I Emailed Katie not long after the forum changed and the Techs did something that improved the situation, but it still happens sometimes. Seems to be mostly after the weekend lull.

If you hit the Back button, you go back to your Profoundly Clever and Attractive Personality Profile and can copy it.

I then relaod the Todays Topics page, turn the Accept Cookies on in the browser, go to the topic and re-post. It then works, and I turn of Accept Cookies again. Irritating little procedure, but at least the wider world is not deprived of my sparkling wisdom. :-)

N.