Selection Handles

In my opinion, the new handles are prettier but less functional. I'm ok with the color, though why not make that a user preference... (and why not make marker size a preference? the new markers are bigger and that's not always better in my opinion).

What is less functional is that less information is conveyed about the selection. Two changes make this so.

First, the handle is now occuring centered on the point of intersection and second, you get the same reading whether there is an even or odd number of objects in the selection. The old handle used to give a clue about the location of objects not fully visible because the line of the object extended through and reversed color in the marker.

Why does that matter?

If you are zoomed in and see two lines with a common end point, you can't tell by looking at the selection if one or two lines are selected. Before, the marker position clearly indicated the status. Now it is ambiguous.

Also, sometimes we get objects stacked on top of one another. This may be do to clumsiness, but you may find two rectangles in exactly the same place. Before, with a marquee selection, if there were two there would be no handles. ---Really even number of objects no handles, odd number handles.

Benefits of the change are hard for me to see.

Regards,

Donald